Applicants who are below eighteen (18) years old should get a Special Study Permit (SSP) from the Bureau of Immigration and Deportation, an agency of the Department of Justice of the Republic of the Philippines. Applicants who are on audit status (non-credit/ non-degree seeking program/ special student) are also required to acquire an SSP from the Bureau.
To avoid the summary denial / delay of your applications/petition by the government agency, please be advised of the following:
All sworn statement or affidavits must be duly notarized.
Documents executed outside of the Philippines must be authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate official of the Philippine Foreign Service at the place of issuance or nearest to it, with English translation, if written in other foreign language. Any document executed within the Philippines must be duly certified by the offices having official custody of the originals.
All documents required for submission must be arranged in the order as listed hereunder; otherwise your application or petition cannot be processed immediately.
CHECKLIST OF DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATIONS FOR SPECIAL STUDY PERMIT
1. ( ) Duly notarized letter request from the applicant;
2. ( ) General Application Form duly accomplished and notarized (BI Form No. RADJR-2012-03, download from http://immigration.gov.ph);
3. ( ) Notice of Acceptance (NOA) issued by the University; and
4. ( ) Plain photocopy of the applicant’s passport showing applicant’s bio-page, admission stamp and authorized stay of at least twenty (20) calendar days from date of filing; and
5. ( ) Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate.
Bureau of Immigration Davao District Office
JP Laurel Avenue, Bajada, Davao City
Attention: Alien Control Officer
Tel. # (082) 228-6477/CP# 09177053576