BUREAU OF IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS
(For updated information, please go to immigration.gov.ph.)
Procedures in the Processing of Applications for Change of Immigration Status from Temporary Visitor and Issuance of Student Visa under Section 9(f).
All applications for change of immigration status from temporary visitor to that of student visa shall observe the following procedures, to wit:
1. Filing of the application duly supported by the documentary requirements enumerated above and a quick review of their completeness;
2. Verification of travel and derogatory records, assessment of filing and other fees as well as the systems-generation of the Order of Payment Slip (OPS);
3. Releasing of the OPS;
4. Payment to collecting officer and issuance of the Official Receipt (OR) evidencing payment of the required fees;
5. Enrolment of the applicant in the BI-designated biometric kiosk;
6. Preparation of the recommendation by the Student Desk Officer and the recommending approval by the IRD Chief;
7. Approval of the Visa conversion by the Commissioner;
8. Updating of records, implementation of visa and systems-generation of the Endorsement for Registration;
9. Releasing of passport and the Endorsement for Registration; and 10. Archiving of the documents.
Procedures in the Processing of Applications for Extension of Student Visa Under Section 9f
Applications for student visa under Section 9f shall observe the following procedures, to wit:
1. Receiving of application with documentary requirements;
2. Verification of travel and derogatory records, assessment of filing and other fees and generation of Order of Payment slip 3. Releasing of OPS;
4. Payment to collecting officer and issuance of Official Receipt;
5. Updating of records, implementation of visa and generation of Notice to the Registrar on the action taken;
6. Approval of Visa Extension;
7. Releasing of Passport; and
8. Document Archiving.
Checklist of Requirements for Student Visa
Arrange your documents in the following order. Prepare at least three (3) sets of the following documents.
[ ] Duly notarized letter request from the applicant;
[ ] Duly notarized General Application Form accomplished by the applicant (BI Form No. RADJR-2012-03, this can be downloaded from immigration.gov.ph);
- [ ] Original copy of the Notice of Acceptance (NOA) containing a clear impression of the school’s official dry seal or a duly notarized written endorsement from the school for the conversion of the applicant’s status signed by the school’s Registrar;
- [ ] Original copy of Medical Certificate issued by the Bureau of Quarantine and International Health Surveillance or a government medical institution with competence to certify that the applicant is not afflicted with any dangerous, contagious or loathsome disease and is mentally fit;
- [ ] Plain photocopy of applicant’s passport bio-page, latest admission and authorized stay; and
[ ] NICA Clearance; and
[ ] Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate.
An non-Filipino who is admitted as a non-immigrant cannot remain in the Philippines permanently. To obtain permanent admission, a non-immigrant must depart voluntarily to a foreign country and procure from the appropriate Philippine consul the proper visa and thereafter undergo examination by the officers of the Bureau of Immigration at a Philippine port of entry for determination of his admissibility in accordance with the requirements of this Immigration Act.
Bureau of Immigration Davao District Office
JP Laurel Avenue, Bajada, Davao City
Attention: Alien Control Officer
Tel. # (082) 228-6477/CP# 09177053576
To check the status of your visa or permit applications at the Bureau of Immigration, please call +63 (2) 525-7557.