Certification and Records


The enrollment certification document or Transcript of Records can be used whenever enrollment verification or student status is required for scholarship purposes, medical coverage, loan deferments, car insurance, employment, etc. For employment purposes see Degree Verification. Ateneo de Davao University will certify current or past enrollment. Ateneo cannot certify enrollment for future semesters (even for the current academic year).

Instructions: The requesting party (former student/ alumna/ alumnus) must request and claim the document at the Registrar’s Office. If the requesting party cannot request and claim his/her document in person, letter of authorization signed by the requesting party must be submitted to the Registrar by the authorized person, plus photocopy of photo IDs of the requesting party and of the authorized representative. The Registrar cannot release documents to any individual or to any person without the written authorization of the student, or his/her parents if a minor and Special Power of Attorney (SPA) for Transfer Credentials, Honorable Dismissal and CAV requests (with red ribbon).

Pursuant to the Education Act of 1982 and the Manual of Regulations for Private Higher Education of 2008, the University Registrar will be able to issue certifications and school records for only those students who have not placed a privacy block on their academic record and who submitted a notarized waiver allowing disclosure of their records to a specific person or company. The notarized waiver should be submitted to the Registrar’s Office prior to request for the release of document to the authorized representative.

The University Registrar does not release electronic copies of official documents by email or by facsimile. The official University documents which are signed in ink by the University Registrar, with the embossed seal of the University must be requested and claimed in person by the requesting party or his authorized representative.

Courier or mailing services for document requested are responsibility of the requesting party or the authorized person. A post office is located at the mezzanine floor, Martin Hall (near the ADDU Bookstore).

Graduate or undergraduate students/alumni or their authorized representatives can request proof of past enrollment, transcript of records or verification of a degree in person at the Registrar’s Office. Please ask for the “Request for Document” form.

On Duplicate Copy of Diploma
A duplicate copy of the diploma may be issued upon request. However, the notation “duplicate copy” and the date it was prepared should be indicated, usually in the lower right hand portion of the document. If the signatories of the original diploma are no longer in the University, or no longer in their designations when they signed the original, the duplicate diploma may be signed by the school officials who have replaced them.

Step 1: Get the “Request for Document” form at the Registrar’s Office. Provide the following:

* Full name under which you were registered at Ateneo
* All former surnames (maiden and married names)
* Your student number (if available)
* Your date of birth
* The date of your degree conferral (or, if you received no degree, the last year you attended the University)
* Whether you were an undergraduate, graduate student
* If a representative, attach a special power of attorney (SPA) for CAV request, honorable dismissal and transfer documents

Step 2:
* How many copies of your Enrollment Certification or Transcript of Records, etc. you wish to be made
* Your signature (and of parents, if minor).
* Indicate if the document must be placed inside a sealed envelop and addressed to an institution.

Step 3:
*If somebody else will claim the certification, letter of authority to claim signed by the student (and parent, if student is a minor).

Step 4:
* Payment of applicable fees to the University Cashier.
-[College Transcript of Records Informative Copy: P110.00/ copy]
-[College Transcript of Records for Study/ Employment Abroad: P360.00/ copy]
-[College Transcript of Records for PRC Board Exam: P260.00/ copy]

Step 5:
* The Registrar’s Office specifies the date when the documents may be claimed. Please come on or after that specified date to claim the documents. Copy documents unclaimed within one (1) month will be disposed of properly by the Registrar’s Office.

The Registrar’s Office does not process the sending of documents by courier. Kindly ask your authorized representative to do this for you.

For Grade School:

Ms. Mary Ann A. Estoque
Grade School Registrar
Ateneo de Davao University – Grade School
MacArthur Highway, Matina
8021 Davao City
Fax +63 (82) 296-0724
Tel +63 (82) 221-2411 local 4128 (8AM-5PM PHT; +8GMT)
Email: gs.registrar@addu.edu.ph

For Junior High School:

Ms. Ma. Carmela S. Abay 
Office of JHS Registrar
Ateneo de Davao University – Junior High School
Acacia St., Matina
8021 Davao City
Fax +63 (82) 299-2406
Tel +63 (82) 221-2411 local 4307 (8AM-5PM PHT; +8GMT)
Email: hs.registrar@addu.edu.ph

For Senior High School:

Atty. Pilariza Racho-Baldovino
Office of SHS Registrar
Ateneo de Davao University – Senior High School
Bangkal, 8016 Davao City
Tel +63 (82) 221-2411 local 8392 (8AM-5PM PHT; +8GMT)
Email: shs.registrar@addu.edu.ph

For Undergraduate/ Graduate/ Post Graduate Programs & Law School:

Atty. Edgar B. Pascua II
Office of the University Registrar
Canisius Hall
Ateneo de Davao University
Roxas Avenue, 8016 Davao City
Fax +63 (82) 226-4116
Tel +63 (82) 221-2411 local 8233 (8AM-5PM PHT; +8GMT)
Email: registrar@addu.edu.ph