ADDU graduates passed the October 2015 CPA Licensure Examination. ADDU’s overall passing percentage is 68.45% (115 passers out of 168 examinees) while the national passing rate is 41.06%. First time takers or Batch 2015’s passing rate is 73.79% (107 passers out of 145 examinees).
Sharmaine Dianne C. Mamed placed 4th in the board exam. Ms. Mamaed, who graduated in March 2015 summa cum laude, was the Class Valedictorian and a recipient of Jesuit Mission Award and School Award (for Accountancy Cluster). She was the grand winner in the Search for Most Outstanding Accounting Student of the Philippines by the Philippine Institute of CPAs and Association of CPAs in Commerce and Industry (PICPA-ACPACI) in 2014-2015.
ADDU has the highest number of passers and the highest passing percentage among the schools in the Davao Region (Region 11), and has the highest number of passers in Mindanao.
The school also has the distinction of being the only school in Mindanao which produced five top notchers in the last seven years in the CPA Board Examinations:
- Sharmaine Dianne C. Mamaed, summa cum laude, 4th placer, October 2015 exam
- Richard B. Saavedra, cum laude, 1st placer, May 2013 exam
- Elfin Kenneth S. Puentespina, magna cum laude, 6th placer, October 2011 exam
- Joseph Albert J. Bulao, summa cum laude, 3rd placer, October 2009 exam
- Raymund Christian S. Ong Abrantes, magna cum laude 9th placer, October 2008 exam
This is the first batch of examinees under the five-year BSA curriculum which took effect in SY 2010-2011.