Financial Aid for Valedictorian and Salutatorian
Valedictorian and Salutatorian Scholarships are awarded to entering Ateneo first year students who have been officially designated as valedictorian and salutatorian by a Philippine secondary school whose graduating class should not be less than eighty (80) graduates.
Program of Studies and Tenure of Award
Scholarship is granted to students in all undergraduate programs of study. The grant is given for a semester only and is reviewed every semester until graduation. It may be renewed upon evaluation of the student’s academic performance and fulfilment of responsibilities as a University scholar. It may include summer and introductory courses or remedial subjects if there are, as required in the curriculum.
Valedictorians are awarded a 100% tuition scholarship renewable for four years (five years, for Accounting, Architecture and Engineering students) provided the student maintains full-time enrolment and a minimum 3.0 QPI, without any failing mark.
Salutatorians are awarded a 50% tuition scholarship renewable for four years (five years, for Accounting, Architecture and Engineering students) provided the student maintains full-time enrolment and a minimum 85 weighted percentage average or its equivalent grade point average, without any failing mark.
The grant excludes miscellaneous and other fees. The Valedictorian and Salutatorian scholarship in combination with other scholarships and grants may not exceed the student’s cost of attendance for the academic year.
General Renewal Conditions
The scholarships are guaranteed at the same percentage awarded to the student for the remainder of his/her undergraduate study provided the student maintains 3.0 QPI with no failing mark, visits the appointed guidance counsellor twice per semester, has no infraction of school’s rules and regulations, continuous enrolment in a full-time undergraduate load, as long as the Valedictorian and Salutatorian scholarship in combination with other scholarships and grants does not exceed the student’s cost of attendance for the academic year. Any “incomplete” grades must be resolved before eligibility for continuation of the scholarship can be determined.
Other students who enrol in or drop to less than full-time in any semester will have their scholarship suspended and will lose eligibility for all following years since the scholarship guidelines require that students maintain continuous full-time enrolment. A student with truly extenuating circumstances may appeal the loss of scholarship aid. The College Scholarship Committee will review appeals on a case-by-case basis. Review approval is only granted for extenuating circumstances beyond the control of the student. Inability to master course material is not an extenuating circumstance. All decisions made by this Committee are final. All appeals must be in writing and addressed to the Chairperson, College Scholarship Committee, Ateneo de Davao University, E. Jacinto Street, 8016 Davao City, fax (82) 226.4116.
Students who take an approved leave of absence may regain their scholarship upon their return provided they continue to meet all academic and enrolment conditions and submit documentation verifying the approved leave of absence. Acceptable documentation is a copy of their approved leave of absence form.
- Take the Ateneo College Admission Test (ACAT). ACAT Form can be downloaded at
- . You obtain the Notice of Acceptance (NOA) four days after you take the ACAT. This forms part of your application materials for financial assistance. As a requirement, you should not be under probation when admitted into the University.
- Fill out the Financial Aid Form For Valedictorian / Salutatorian 2018. Forms with incomplete information will not be processed and will be returned to applicant.
- Get a Certification from your High School Registrar, approved by your High School Principal. This must be submitted in a sealed envelope, its flap signed by the certifying official.
- Place all application materials as stated on a short manila brown envelop and submit on or before the last Friday of April (for First Semester of study) or last Friday of October (for Second Semester of study). Once received, all application materials and submitted forms become property of the University and will not be returned to the applicant. The application materials should include the following:
- (a) Application Form-this can be asked at the Admission and Aid Office
- (b) Photocopy of Notice of Acceptance (NOA)
- (c) Photocopy of HS Report Card (DepEd Form 138A)
- (d) Certification from HS Registrar and Principal, in sealed envelope. The form can be asked at the Admission and Aid Office.
- You will be scheduled for an interview by the Admission and Aid Office Staff. Kindly take note of the interview schedule. Bring writing materials when you appear for an interview.
- Wait for the result of the College Scholarship Committee deliberations. The Committee evaluates, screens and approves all application for financial aid. List of scholars are usually published in the Campus Scholarship bulletin and in the University website.
- If you are accepted as a recipient of a grant, prepare your documents for registration (Admission Requirements) as stated in your NOA. Follow the usual admission process as published. Before you go to the Cashier-Finance Office for assessment and payment, bring your Official Registration Form to the Admission and Aid Office (1/F Jubilee Hall) and get your Grant Certification. Kindly read the grant conditions before affixing your signature. Your parent, if you are minor, will sign in the certification.
- Attend the Scholars’ General Assembly as scheduled within the first month of the semester.
For more information, please contact:
Admission and Aid Office
1/F Jubilee Hall
Ateneo de Davao University
E. Jacinto Street, 8016 Davao City
Tel. No. (82) 221.2411 local 8303
Fax (82) 226.4116