The Basic Education Council
The Basic Education Council (BEC) is a recommendatory body of in terms of policies and programs set for the kindergarten and Grades 1 to 12 of the University. It is composed of the following:
- Headmaster of Grade School (Mrs. Suzette D. Aliño)
- Principal of High School (Fr. Michael I. Pineda, S.J.)
- Assistant Principal for Academics (Mrs. Ma. Carmela S. Abay)
- Assistant Headmaster for Academics (Mrs. Liza L.Vallescas)
- Assistant to the President (Mr. Jeremy S. Eliab)
- Dean of the School of Education (Dr. Gina L. Montalan)
- Department Chair of Teacher Education (Mrs. Melanie Jeane C. Galvez)
- A representative from HS/ GS appointed by the President (Br. Jeffrey Pioquinto, S.J.)
The Council chaired by either the Headmaster or the Principal. Chairmainship will toggle annually between the Headmaster and the Principal.
- Convenes the meetings of the Council;
2. Prepares the agenda, after appropriate consultations;
3. Invites resource persons as needed;
4. Appoints staff to document the meetings.
The Council shall have the following functions:
- Reviews academic programs, curricula and other programs to ensure proper alignments among the Grade School, High School, Sernior High School/ Career Academy;
- Acts as an advisory and consultative body in matters pertaining to curriculum, programs, policies and ensures that these are properly aligned;
- Deliberates on valid concerns and issues, proposals and needs of the basic education units, and facilitates discussion;
- Recommends procedures, protocols, policies on shared concern. Furthermore, it proposes agenda material for the President’s Council;
- Creates space for interphasing, conversation and dialogue across all units.
The limitations of the Council includes:
- It is not a directive or regulatory body;
2. It does not infringe on the duties and responsibilities of each unit’s governing officials and council;
3. It does not overrule valid decisions made in the Unit.